Out of stock
Nickel-cadmium batteries are considered one of the most common batteries for energy storage. The composition contains 2 electrodes. As you can guess from the name, nickel and cadmium. Nickel hydroxide is mixed with a conductive substance, and cadmium is pressed into a steel mesh. The electrodes are separated from each other by a space filled with alkali. A reversible chemical process occurs in which cadmium, nickel and water are involved.
Reliable and productive: the advantages of nickel-cadmium batteries
Units with nickel and cadmium electrodes have come into use since the first half of the 20th century. Since then, these devices have been used for both domestic and professional use. It is easy to buy nickel-cadmium batteries in Kyiv and other cities, because this model is extremely common. And it’s not surprising, because it has several advantages.
- Storage in a discharged state. Unlike lead-acid alternatives, nickel-cadmium batteries do not degrade when stored in a discharged state.
- Low resistance. This characteristic indicates that the battery does not heat up when charging. It just needs to be disconnected from the network in time to extend its service life.
- Use at low temperatures. The battery is resistant to temperature fluctuations and does not lose performance. For example, the EverExceed brand product line remains operational within temperatures from -50 to +70°C.
- Long service life. Some batteries can withstand over 900 charge-discharge cycles, and some are capable of 2000 cycles. If operating and storage conditions are observed, the battery will last up to 25 years.
- Compact and lightweight. For example, EverExceed XHP60 weighs 3.8 kg with dimensions of 62x138x267 mm, so it does not take up much space and is suitable for frequent transportation.
If you want to buy nickel-cadmium batteries in Kyiv and other cities, take into account some of the features of its operation. So, this battery is capable of rapid self-discharge, so leaving the device charged for a long time is impractical. As for prices, these models belong to budget options. They can be purchased at a low price due to their simplicity of design and operation.
Nickel-cadmium batteries: the optimal solution for high loads
To power cars, river, sea, air and public transport, as well as other consumers, it is worth buying nickel-cadmium batteries. This is the optimal solution for high loads when the consumer requires a lot of energy.
For efficient operation, discharge the unit completely. The fact is that this model has a pronounced “memory effect”. That is, the battery “remembers” to what point it was charged, and upon subsequent use it will release the same amount of energy.
Over time, nickel-cadmium batteries decrease in capacity. This is a normal process for this type of battery. But the capacity can be partially restored. To do this, carry out several complete charge-discharge cycles to minimize the “memory effect”.
If you decide to buy a device, pay attention to:
The number of charge-discharge cycles is of no small importance when choosing a unit.
In the Etsenergy store you can buy nickel-cadmium batteries at competitive prices. The range includes units of different capacities, so you can buy the products that suit your requirements. Delivery by Nova Poshta will allow you to receive the goods in the shortest possible time and evaluate its benefits